FITDIL is an Internet-based digital repository database of approximately 66,000 digital images intended for both research and instructional use by FIT students and faculty. To access FITDIL all you need is your FIT Username and Password. FITDIL highlights include:
- 1,555 original fashion design illustrations from FIT's Special Collections
- Approximately 4,300 images from the FIT Library Designer Files Collection.
- 123 images from The Museum at FIT focusing on aesthetically and historically significant "directional" clothing, accessories, textiles and visual materials, with emphasis on contemporary avant-garde fashion
- Over 8,000 examples of FIT student artwork submitted by all departments in the School of Art and Design.
- Over 50,000 art history images submitted by FIT's History of Art department
The FITDIL database allows FIT academic departments to manage their own image collections and create slide shows for use in the classroom. These slide shows can also be printed out as flashcards by students for studying. FITDIL was created to encourage use of the Internet as an instructional tool and to promote the sharing of visual resources by the FIT community.
The FITDIL office in Suite E409 also provides Self Service Scanning for FIT Faculty and Staff.
For technical questions regarding FITDIL, please contact Hiroko Suda, FITDIL Tech, 212 217.4378, email@example.com.
For FITDIL Photography, please contact Jana Duda, Technology Services Manager, 212 217.4375, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For FIT faculty questions regarding FITDIL and its use in the classroom, contact Jana Duda, Technology Services Manager, 212 217.4375, email@example.com.