Experts to Talk at FIT on China's Luxury Apparel
Join us for Fashion, Beauty, and Status: One Year on the Front Lines in China's Luxury and Apparel Market –a talk based on a year-long study about what high-end Chinese consumers want, who is successfully selling to them, and how they do it.
• The Chinese consumer: demographics, spending habits, and what they buy
• Statistics about the Chinese apparel and accessory market: size, scope, and current trends
• Companies finding success in China
• Business opportunities and hurdles, case studies, how to get started or expand
• China's love of fragrances and body care products produced outside of China
• What the next five years will bring to China
Co-sponsored by FIT’s Departments of International Trade and Marketing, Global Fashion Management, Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing, and Entrepreneurship; New York University, School of Continuing and Professional Studies, Programs in Finance; the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce, and the Organization of Women in International Trade
Speakers: Chinese expert Michael A. Zakkour, principal, Technomic Asia; Mark Greiz, faculty member, FIT International Trade and Marketing Program, and chief consultant, MG Consulting; and Byron Lee, director, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
Moderator: Lawrence Delson, faculty member, FIT International Trade and Marketing Program and New York University, and president, Delson International Inc.
Organized by Christine Pomeranz, chair, FIT International Trade and Marketing Program
Free and Open to the Public