Winter Housing FAQs
Yes. Winter Housing is available beginning January 1, 2014 at 12 Noon to Spring check-in.
2. What are the requirements for students living on-campus for the winter?
To qualify for winter housing you must:
• be a resident in the halls for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014
• pay for the entire Winter housing program at time of application
3. What is the rate for Winter Housing?
Rates are based on your spring 2014 assignment - Traditional, Apartment, or Single style rooms:
• Traditional Style Room: $793.00
• Apartment Style Room: $906.00
• Apartment Style Single Room: $1,488.00
4. Do I pay the Single rate if my roommate is not staying for Winter?
No. The winter “single” rate applies ONLY to residents who are assigned to a single for Fall’13/Spring ’14. If a roommate is NOT staying for winter, the “shared” rate would apply.
5. How can I apply?
Online applications will be available by November. You must log into the secure area to access MyHousing@FIT – “ApplyOnLine”. The due date for applications is December 1, 2013.
6. How do I submit my payment?
You must pay by credit card on-line upon submission of the application.
7. Do I have to be enrolled in a Winter class?
No. The only requirement is that you are a Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 resident and pay for the cost of Winter Housing.
8. Do the residence halls close at the end of Fall semester?
Yes. The halls are closed from December 20, 2013. There will be no access to the halls at this time.
9. Do I have to move my belongings out of my room at the end of the Fall 2013 semester?
No. If you are living in the residence halls for the Spring 2014 semester, you may leave your belongings. However, you will not have access to these items and the college will not be responsible for missing or damaged items.
10. Do I get a temporary room assignment for Winter?
No. All winter residents will stay in their Fall 2013/Spring 2014 assignment.
11. If I live in the residence halls during Winter, what is the process for checking in for Spring?
You will receive an email from the Residential Life Department regarding spring check-in.
12. Is there a fee for overnight guests, and am I allowed extended overnight visitors?
Yes. Residents are charged $10.00 for each overnight guest. There is no extended visitation during the recess periods. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply. See resident handbook. All overnights must be pre-registered.
13. Is the cafeteria open during the Winter sessions?
No. Check out the FIT neighborhood for places to eat and purchase groceries.
14. What happens if I am found in violation of occupying more than my assigned space?
Those who occupy more than their assigned space will be charged for a single for winter recess and spring semester.
15. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited. This includes alcohol or drug paraphernalia. See resident handbook.