Step 1: Review Your Art & Design Block of Major Courses
What is a block? School of Art & Design major/related area coursework is sequential and each semester builds upon the previous one. Certain required major courses must be taken simultaneously to ensure that you have what you need to move on. At FIT, we call these groups of required major courses a block.
For your first semester, you have been pre-registered for a block. This is to give you a proper start, ensuring that you build an appropriate foundation before moving on to advanced study in the field. This portion of your schedule cannot be changed.
How to view your block:
Remember, your block schedule cannot be changed and is available to view only.
1. Go to http://myfit.fitnyc.edu.
2. Enter your FIT username: firstname_lastname. (Note: Your user name must be lower case.)
3. Enter your password. Your default password is your birthday in Mmmddyyyy format.
For example, April 4, 1986 is Apr041986. (Note: Your password is case sensitive.)
4. Click on Login
5. Click on the Student tab.
6. Under Online Resources, click on Registration.
7. Click Select Term
8. Click SPRING 2012 from the drop-down menu.
9. Click on Submit.
10. Click Student Schedule Course by Course. You may wish to print this schedule.