The Carla Bruni-Sarkozy Foundation Scholarship
The award amount is $6500 and £700 plus transportation for a semester at Ecole Nationale Superieure de Creation Industrielle (ENSCI) in Paris, France.
With a focused mission to provide an international academic experience "for the disadvantaged on both sides of the ocean," The Carla Bruni-Sarkozy Scholarship opportunity is exclusively available to students who demonstrate financial need.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Must be currently enrolled in the Textile/Surface Design department's BFA program at the Fashion Institute of Technology
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Financial Need
- Must currently receive financial aid
- Some proficiency in French and/or a romance language
How to Apply:
Students interested in applying for the Carla Bruni-Sarkozy scholarship must submit the following materials to the Textile/Surface Design department for review:
- A letter of motivation describing why you are qualified to participate in the scholarship program and how you would benefit from the experience at ENSCI.
- A portfolio of woven designs that demonstrate strong technical skills, creativity and an interest in the area of weaving
- 2 letters of recommendation from Textile/Surface Design faculty