For Faculty and Administrators
Jay and Patty Baker School of Business and Technology and School of Liberal Arts
- 9 am - Graduates are required to arrive
- 9 am - Faculty participating in the procession are scheduled to arrive
- 9 am - Doors will open for guests
- 10:30 am - Ceremony will begin
School of Art and Design and School of Graduate Studies
- 1:30 pm - Graduates are required to arrive
- 2 pm - Faculty participating in the procession are scheduled to arrive
- 2 pm - Doors will open for guests
- 3 pm - Ceremony will begin
Academic regalia – the traditional cap, gown, and tassel – is required attire for all faculty participating in commencement exercises. Faculty can rent their regalia through Barnes & Noble at FIT at the following rates:
|Bachelor’s gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$96.96|
|Master’s gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$101.96|
|Doctoral gown, hood, cap, and tassel||$111.96|
* Rental prices include a $20 refundable deposit.
Deadlines for Ordering Academic Regalia
Faculty must order their academic attire by the dates listed below to ensure on-time delivery.
April 7-18, 2014
FIT Barnes & Noble Bookstore
Visit in person or call 212 217.5690
Faculty may pick up their attire between Monday, May 12 and Friday, May 16 at Barnes & Noble at FIT.
Platform Party Reservations
In order to accommodate all faculty who wish to process, a simplified reservations system has been instituted. No tickets will be required for those in the platform party. As a member of the platform party you will only need to reserve your seat and use the VIP entrance to enter the venue. If you plan on attending one or both of the events, you must reserve your place to be added to the VIP entrance list.
To reserve your seat, please visit the 2014 Commencement RSVP web page at fitnyc.edu/commencementRSVP.