The Student Design Contest of the Femmy Gala 2012 featuring the designs of six FIT Fashion Design students brought innovative ideas to the theme of Art Deco. The Femmy Gala, recognized as a premier event in the Intimate Apparel Industry, is the fundraising vehicle which enables the Underfashion Club to support its extensive scholarship, awards, internship and grants programs.
This annual event was hosted by Carson Kressley, the renowned fashion designer who burst into popularity with "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy".
The 6 FIT students and their designs were:
1. Claudia Mesiti's "Linear Opulence"
2. Nina Trimble's "Deco Diamonds"
3. Lauren Haron's "Sheer Radiance"
4. Amy Gianforcaro's "Diamond Cut"
5. Yecca Zeng's "All the Right Angles"
6. Nicole Ward's "Pure Abstraction"
The winners were announced with 1st place being earned by Nina Trimble's "Deco Diamonds", followed by Yecca Zeng's "All the Right Angles" in second and Lauren Haron's "Sheer Radiance" in third.