Thursday, April 26, 2012, 12:00-2:00pm
Outstanding women in the fields of design-related technology share career experiences and provide guidance to students about to enter the workplace. Faculty attendees are asked to bring students to this event.
Guest panelists include:
Lia M. Dikigoropoulou – Licensed architect, specializing in design/construction documents for both residential and commercial design projects
Liz Krisel – Vice President of Design and Industrial Designer, Fisher-Price Toys
Crystal Panchano – Global Product Integrity Manager for Gap, Inc.
Deborah Wiener – Former VP and Creative Director, Harrison, Starr, Wiener and Bietler, international advertising firm specializing in pharmaceuticals
1. What is the role of technology in your field?
2. What was the situation in your field for women when you first entered the workforce?
3. Were you prepared for issues of gender in your field? How did you handle gender-related situations?
4. Do you feel the situation has changed? If yes, what do you feel contributed to this change?
5. Were you prepared for your field educationally with regard to science and math?
6. What would have made your education more beneficial to the work you are doing now?
7. What technology would have made you better prepared for your current job?
8. What advice would you offer young women about to enter your field and workplace?
Part 1 and Part 2 of a video of the event: