For students who did not take a course in Spring 2014 : Bring your Senior Scholars Data Form to one of the Information Sessions below to submit your documents, learn about the program, and ask questions. Senior Scholars who are new to the program are strongly encouraged to attend one of the Information Sessions. Please note that there is no benefit to attending earlier sessions, so come at your convenience.
July 17 at 2pm in the John E. Reeves Great Hall (Conference Center)
July 24 at 2pm in Seminar Room 9 (Conference Center, Lower Level)
July 31 at 2pm in Seminar Room 9 (Conference Center, Lower Level)
August 7 at 2pm in Seminar Room 9 (Conference Center, Lower Level)
August 21 at 2pm in Seminar Room 9 (Conference Center, Lower Level)
Please bring copies of the following as proof of New York State residency.
a) One government issued photo identification is required
b) In addition, bring any two of the following:
-Any document issued by this state or county, city, or the federal government
-New York voter precinct card
-Utility bill or cable bill (not more than 60 days old)
-Housing lease or contract, mortgage statement, property or income tax statement
-Preprinted financial statement, e.g., bank statement showing home address, (not more than 60 days old)
-New York vehicle registration card or title
-New York vehicle insurance policy
-Letter from homeless shelter or proof of unemployment
- You can view a tentative list of available courses here (all courses are subject to an available seat the day of registration).
For students who took a course in Spring 2014 : You do not need to submit the Data Form. Feel free to visit us during our open hours for Senior Scholars. Our staff will be available at these times to assist with course selection, explain the registration process, and answer questions. You can view a tentative list of available courses here (all courses are subject to an available seat the day of registration).
: Tuesday and Wednesday from 2-3pm from July 22 through August 20.
School of Continuing & Professional Studies
Conference Center Lower Level (GHC-21)
212-217-3334 (Option 2)
2. Check Availability, & Register for Your Course Selections: August 29th
Shortly before coming to campus on August 29, check to see if your course selections are still available. To do this, search for the course, then click on the course section that you wish to take. As an example, enter FA as the subject and 105 as the course number, and then click on the section or sections that interest you to see their availability. This process will be demonstrated during the Information Sessions.
On August 29th, come to the John E. Reeves Great Hall (Conference Center, entrance near 28th Street and 7th Avenue) at 10:00am to submit your completed Course Selection Form and be registered for one of the courses you have selected. Please visit us during the Information Sessions or Open Hours to get questions answered, and please have your course selections completed before August 29th so that we can process registrations quickly. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Dates : Fall 2014 semester dates are Monday, August 25 through Saturday, December 20, 2014.
- Pre- and Co-requisites : If you have not taken a required pre- or co-requisite course, you may request a waiver, if you can demonstrate the skills that course requires, as per the department representative. To request a waiver, contact the department directly. If the waiver is granted, present a printed copy at the time of registration.
- Day Sections : A large number of day sections in Liberal Arts are provided. Day sections of courses offered by the Schools of Art & Design and Business & Technology are not available.
- Online Courses : Online (OL) and Blended Learning (BL) sections of courses are not available for Senior Scholar enrollment.
- Cost & Payment : The cost is $35.00 for a Senior Scholar to audit a course offered by the School of Liberal Arts, Art & Design, or Business & Technology. The cost is $50.00 for a computer training course for seniors. Payment is by credit card, check, or money order. We cannot accept cash. The registration fee is not refundable, and no changes may be made after initial course selection.