Academic Advising: What to Expect
What to Expect from Us:
- Professional, courteous advisement at all stages of your FIT education
- A student-centered approach based on respect for each individual
- A safe, supportive place to discuss academic issues
- Clear, accurate information about your program and academic options
- Customized strategies to help you balance academic and personal responsibilities
- Help with developing realistic plans to achieve your academic goals
- Follow-up in evaluating your academic progress
What We Ask of You:
- Keep an open mind. Sometimes the most promising opportunities are the unexpected ones.
- Help us to help you. Let us know about any questions you have so we can help guide you in the right direction.
The Academic Advisement Center can help you answer questions such as:
- What courses do I need to take as part of my degree program?
- What courses can I take to fulfill my liberal arts requirements?
- I plan to go on for a bachelor’s degree after I get my AAS. What should I do?
- How can I switch my major?
- How do I declare a minor?
- What's the impact of dropping a course?