Program Requirements and Course Descriptions
Below the program requirements is a link to course descriptions for each major at FIT. These can help you explore your options if you are thinking about changing majors or applying to an upper-division program.
You will also find links to information about liberal arts requirements at FIT, including a list of general education courses approved by SUNY. Please be aware that not all courses are offered every semester. An academic advisor will be happy to go over your liberal arts requirements with you, regardless of what program you are in.
Please Note: Each program's curriculum page includes links to several years of program requirements. Your year's curriculum is based on the FALL semester of the academic year you began your program. For example, if you began your program in Fall 2012 OR Spring 2013, you may click on Fall 2012 to see your curriculum.
If you do not see a link to your year's curriculum, please click the following link to see the undergraduate catalog for the year that you entered for the requirements that apply to you.
Program Requirements for Currently Advised Majors
- Advertising and Marketing Communications
- Advertising Design
- Art History and Museum Professions
- Communication Design Foundation
- Computer Animation and Interactive Media
- Direct and Interactive Marketing
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Packaging Design
- Production Management
- Textile Development and Marketing
- Toy Design
- Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design
Liberal Arts Requirements
- SUNY General Education Requirements
- General Education Courses Approved by SUNY
- Information for Transfer Students
Liberal Arts Course Descriptions
- Educational Skills (ES)
- English/Speech (EN)
- Foreign Language (CH, FR, IT, JA, SP)
- Health/Physical Education (HE, PE)
- History of Art (HA)
- Honors Courses (require 3.5 GPA)
- Liberal Arts Divisional Studies (LA)
- Math/Science (MA, MD, SC)
- Social Science/Philosophy (PL, SS)