Program Requirements and Course Descriptions
Below the program requirements is a link to course descriptions for each major at FIT. These can help you explore your options if you are thinking about changing majors or applying to an upper-division program.
You will also find links to information about liberal arts requirements at FIT, including a list of general education courses approved by SUNY. Please be aware that not all courses are offered every semester. An academic advisor will be happy to go over your liberal arts requirements with you, regardless of what program you are in.
Please Note: Each program's curriculum page includes links to several years of program requirements. Your year's curriculum is based on the FALL semester of the academic year you began your program. For example, if you began your program in Fall 2012 OR Spring 2013, you may click on Fall 2012 to see your curriculum.
If you do not see a link to your year's curriculum, please click the following link to see the undergraduate catalog for the year that you entered for the requirements that apply to you.
Program Requirements for each Major
Course Descriptions by Major
Liberal Arts Requirements
- SUNY General Education Requirements
- General Education Courses Approved by SUNY
- Information for Transfer Students
Liberal Arts Course Descriptions
- Educational Skills (ES)
- English/Speech (EN; also includes descriptions for certain FI film courses)
- Foreign Language (CH, FR, IT, JA, SP)
- Health/Physical Education (HE, PE)
- History of Art (HA)
- Honors Courses (require 3.5 GPA)
- Liberal Arts Divisional Studies (LA)
- Math/Science (MA, MD, SC)
- Social Science/Philosophy (PL, SS)