You will also find links about general education requirements at FIT, including a list of general education courses approved by SUNY. Below the general education course descriptions are links to related area course descriptions. Please be aware that not all courses are offered every semester. An academic advisor will be happy to go over your liberal arts requirements with you, regardless of what program you are in.
Please Note: Each program's curriculum page includes links to several years of program requirements. Your year's curriculum is based on the FALL semester of the academic year you began your program. For example, if you began your program in Fall 2012 OR Spring 2013, you may click on Fall 2012 to see your curriculum.
If you do not see a link to your year's curriculum, please click the following link to see the undergraduate catalog for the year that you entered for the requirements that apply to you.
Program Requirements for each major
Click here to view degree requirements for students entering FIT in the Fall 2015 semester.
General Education Requirements
- SUNY General Education Requirements
- General Education Courses Approved by SUNY
- Information for Transfer Students
General Education Course Descriptions
- English and Communication Studies (EN)
- Film, Media, and Performing Arts
Film and Media (FI)
Health Education (HE)
Physical Education and Dance (PE)
- History of Art and Civilization (HA)
- Honors Courses (require 3.5 GPA)
- Math and Science
- Modern Languages and Cultures
- Social Science
Social Sciences (SS)
Related Area Course Descriptions
- Business Enterprise (BE)
- Business Law (BL)
- Creative Technology (CT)
- Fashion and Culture of the World (CL)
- Human Development (HD)
- Interdivisional Studies (IS)
- Internship Center (IC)
- Marketing: Fashion and Related Industries (MK)