See More of FITMy FITContact UsGive to FITTake a CourseApplyVisit FIT
Adult Learners & Career ProfessionalsEmployers & IndustryAlumni: The Power of ConnectionFaculty & StaffCurrent StudentsParentsRecently Accepted Students
FIT & NYCNews & EventsAthletics & RecreationCampus LifeAdmissionsAcademicsAbout FIT
FIT LibraryThe Museum at FIT
Faculty and Staff
- Notify immediate supervisor as quickly as possible about any on-the-job injury or illness. If it is not an emergency, notify supervisor BEFORE the employee seeks medical treatment.
- After the emergency has ended, file an Accident Form for any workplace injuries or illnesses. This form is available from the Director for Environmental Health and Safety Compliance or on the FIT Human Resources website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu/files/pdfs/HR_Employee_Injury_Illness_Report_Form.pdf.
- If another personís blood or other bodily fluid contacts your eye, mouth, mucus membrane or non-intact skin:
- Immediately rinse skin or eye(s) with water for 15 minutes as applicable. Wash affected skin with soap and water (use nonabrasive, antibacterial soap where available).
- Notify your supervisor.
- Obtain medical help by calling Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212-217-7777).
- Notify Director of Environmental Health and Safety Compliance or supervisor.
Faculty, Staff and Students
- If any situation appears to be a medical emergency, contact Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212-217-7777) to get help immediately.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening medical emergency, seek emergency medical treatment by calling Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212-217-7777).
- Be prepared to provide location, nature of injury, cause of injury or illness and any hazards that may be present.