See More of FITMy FITContact UsGive to FITTake a CourseApplyVisit FIT
Adult Learners & Career ProfessionalsEmployers & IndustryAlumni: The Power of ConnectionFaculty & StaffCurrent StudentsParentsRecently Accepted Students
FIT & NYCNews & EventsAthletics & RecreationCampus LifeAdmissionsAcademicsAbout FIT
FIT LibraryThe Museum at FIT
- Never try to handle a situation that is potentially dangerous to yourself or others.
- Inform Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212-217-7777) about any individuals deemed to be threatening or dangerous.
- Eliminate opportunities for violence by:
- Alerting Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212-217-7777)
- Knowing your escape route
- Placing a barrier between yourself and the aggressor
- Using effective people / communication skills
- Having a second person with you
- Reacting to violent situations:
- Maintain eye contact and a positive posture to send out positive signals.
- Do not touch or approach a person who may become violent.
- Keep the person talking as you maintain a controlled, calm demeanor.
- Show concern yet maintain a safe distance; avoid being alone with the person.
- If you are the victim of, or are involved in, any on-campus violation of the law such as assault, robbery, theft, overt sexual behavior, etc., do not take any unnecessary risk. Notify Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212-217-7777) as soon as possible and give them the following information:
- Nature of the incident
- Location of the incident
- Description of the person(s) involved
- Description of the property involved
- If you witness a criminal act or notice person(s) acting suspiciously on campus, immediately notify Campus Security (x7-7777 or 212-217-7777).
- Assist the police when they arrive by supplying them with any additional information requested.