Create campaigns that count
With so many words, sounds, and images competing for our attention, how do organizations get their message heard? Smart, well planned advertising and marketing communications break through the media overload. From promoting a product to building awareness of a brand or an idea, a great campaign speaks directly to the audience.
FIT’s singular approach to education—blending theory with hands-on experience—immerses you right from the start in learning to create integrated marketing communications that work. You’ll learn skills you can apply across a wide range of industries, from the top Fortune 500 companies to the local boutique.
In this program, you’ll create integrated marketing communication campaigns for advertising, public relations, direct marketing, and sales promotion. Guided by a faculty of practicing professionals, you’ll develop media plans and special events; direct and produce television and radio commercials; and write print ads, press releases, and newspaper and magazine articles. An internship at a top New York company provides industry experience. You’ll graduate with an impressive foundation in marketing communications designed to showcase your talent and help you get the job you want.
- Faculty members are advertising and public relations executives, editors, journalists, producers, and marketing consultants, offering an insider’s view of the industry and valuable professional contacts.
- New York City is the heart of the advertising, public relations, and media industries. Through guest lectures, seminars, and industry events, you’ll interact with leaders in the field.
- FIT offers AMC students study abroad programs in Rome, Florence, Paris, London, and Mexico. Four-week internships in London and in Shanghai are also available.
In this program, you’ll:
- get hands-on experience through an internship at a leading advertising or PR agency, media company, or fashion firm. Students have interned at BBDO, Deutsch, ABC, Barneys New York, Calvin Klein, and Gucci, among many other firms.
- participate in national competitions sponsored by industry and trade organizations, such as the American Advertising Federation (AAF).
- enhance your studies with extracurricular activities in industry-related organizations such as the Ad Group and the Public Relations Student Society of America.