New Hire Checklist
1a. Staff Employment Application - To be completed by all Full-Time and Part-Time Staff.
1b. Faculty Employment Application- To be completed by newly hired Full-Time Tenure Track and
Part-Time Adjunct Faculty.
2. Background Consent Form- As part of the process for hiring new employees, FIT’s policy requires you to complete a background check in order to work for FIT.
3. Employee Acknowledgement
This document confirms you have read the college's Employee Policy Manual, Strategic Plan Mission Statement and Health Insurance Marketplace Cover Options Notice & Information.
4. Employee Confidential Data Form
This form must be completed by all employees in order to grant access to the FIT system. All information will be kept on file.
Complete this form so we can withhold the correct federal income tax form your paycheck. All employees are required to complete this form, and should consider completing a new form each year, and when your personal or financial situation changes.
6. Employees are required to complete one of the forms listed below. For questions concerning these documents, please contact the Payroll Office at 212.217.3890.
6a. Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate IT-2104
7. Payroll Allocation
This tells us if you would like your paycheck mailed to you or directly deposited into your bank account. Employees requesting Direct Deposit must attach a voided check. Please note that direct deposit goes into effect within two pay periods. Employees will have to pick up their first paycheck from the Payroll Office located at 236 W. 27th St., 5th Floor.
8. Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9
This form is used to verify authorization to work in the United States. Employees are not authorized to work until this document is completed and on-file with the Office of Human Resources.
9. Online Training Memo
New Employees are required to participate in two affirmative action training sessions.
10. Part-Time Faculty Retirement Election Form
Required for newly hired Part-Time Adjunct Faculty. Please complete this form to indicate your enrollment in the New York State Teachers' Retirement System (NYSTRS). If enrolling, you must also complete the Membership Application Form which must be notarized in order to be valid. The application form may be notarized in the Office of Human Resources, please call ahead to confirm availability.
11. Workplace health and safety are paramount concerns for FIT. Please review the College's Workers' Compensation Benefit Program for more important information.
More Benefits information.