You should have completed the following prerequisite courses (or their equivalent) before you apply. Work from these courses should be included in your portfolio at the time of your interview which takes place in early spring semester.
- CG211 - Computer Assisted Design / Photoshop
- CG212 - Introduction to 3D Modeling / 3DS Max or other
- CG213 - 2D Animation / Photoshop and AfterEffects)
- CG221 - Design and Authoring for Interactive Media I / Flash & Actionscript
You are expected to submit a portfolio. See information on Portfolio Evaluation and Interview.
If you are a high school student
You may not apply directly to the bachelorís degree program. High school students should apply to a two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree program and after completing that degree apply to the two-year bachelorís program. See information for all applicants above.
If you have an AAS from FIT
You may apply to the BFA program. A degree in art or design is recommended but not required. See information for all applicants above.
If you have a degree or credits from another college
You may apply to the two-year BFA program as a transfer student if you meet one of the following criteria by the time you enroll at FIT:
- you will have an associateís or bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college (an art or design degree is recommended but not required)
- you will have earned at least 60 credits, including all liberal arts course work required for the FIT AAS degree, toward a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college.
See information for all applicants above.