- CG211 - Computer Assisted Design / Photoshop
- CG212 - Introduction to 3D Modeling / 3DS Max or other
- CG213 - 2D Animation / Photoshop and AfterEffects)
- CG221 - Design and Authoring for Interactive Media I / Flash & Actionscript 3.0
Your Computer Animation and Interactive Media portfolio should contain drawings, computer files, and examples of your major design work:
- Drawings - Drawings should be of people, animals, and nature studies, done from direct observation. Copying from two-dimensional images is not recommended. Include gesture drawings and quick sketches in original format and size, if possible. Sketchbooks are also recommended. Drawings may be in pencil/ink, marker, charcoal, etc.
- Computer Files - Please bring a list specifying all files and file formats.
Please bring work from the prerequisite courses (or their equivalents) including After Effects, interactive work in Flash/ActionScript (work using other scripting languages can also be presented) and 3D models as 3D Studio Max, Maya, or Softimage files. Work from other 3D programs should be rendered in Photoshop readable files with multiple views. Bring all the 3D models you have including exercises and work in progress.
- Portfolio examples of work from your major.
- No slides, please. Computer work may be presented on CD, DVD, portable drive, or laptop. Animation on VHS is also acceptable (must be NTSC).
Please also refer to our general Portfolio Requirements page.
Portfolio Evaluation and Interview
Once your application has been reviewed for eligibility, the Computer Graphics Department will contact you for an in-person portfolio evaluation and personal interview. Please do not mail your portfolio to the Admissions Office. Please bring to your in-person evaluation a typed cover letter introducing yourself, describing your abilities, and telling us what attracts you to and interests you most about the fields of Computer Animation and Interactive Media.
If you have specific questions about the portfolio requirements, please call the Computer graphics Department at 212 217.5440.