Developing or Revising a Course
Developing a Course
- If you wish to develop a new course or revise a course, your first action is to develop a course of study for this new or revised course. You will need to discuss this with the chairperson of your department. If you are revising Art & Design curriculum, please read the following Change in Guidelines for School of Art & Design Curriculum Proposals.
- Review these resources:
- Recommended Curriculum Committee Guidelines for a Course of Study
- The CET website for assistance in writing learning outcomes and the Writing Studio for writing new courses of study.
- This Course of Study template
- Complete appropriate CIM form in the MyFIT website.
Course Approval Steps
Please be mindful that courses submitted in the Fall semester will not be available for registration until the following Fall semester. Please refer to the FIT Curricular Calendar for meeting dates.