Applicants must submit two presentation boards as described below:
Submit one apparel and one home furnishings board.
Submit two boards from the same area of interest mentioned above.
FABRIC STYLING BOARDS
- Boards should be executed on black illustration board or black foam core board.
- Boards should be approximately 12" x 17".
- Select a season and a theme for each board.
- Each board should have at least six (6) patterned fabric swatches and at least six (6) more solid color swatches. (12 swatches minimum)
- The fabric swatches can be scanned or you can use actual fabric.
- The solid color swatches can be paint chip samples from any paint store.
- Boards should have photos, pictures from magazines, or your own art work illustrating the theme.
- CDs of boards may be submitted for mail in portfolios.
The following is an example of a possible board:
- floral spring apparel theme
- 6 floral fabric swatches
- 6 solid color chips that pick up the colors in the fabric swatches
- a selection of pictures relating to the theme of the fabrics
- you would NOT use dark, winter colors if this is a Spring board
- you would NOT use woolen fabrics if this is a Spring board
- mount these components imaginatively and neatly
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
Print your NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, and STUDENT ID on the back of each board.
Applicants must make an appointment by email or phone (boards will not be received without a scheduled appointment).
Fashion Institute of Technology
Attention: Professor Petitt, Fabric Styling
227 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001