Records Retention and Disposition
Policy No: CP007
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that each department and office at FIT follows the New York State Archives Records Retention and Disposition Schedule MI-l. The retention schedule indicates the minimum length of time that community colleges must retain official records before they may be disposed of legally. The schedule is meant to ensure that necessary records are retained for as long as is required and that records that have met the legal minimum retention periods be discarded systematically when they do not have sufficient historical, administrative or research value. The Records Management Officer oversees the retention and disposal of the official records of FIT and responds to questions regarding the application of this schedule.
Who Should Read This Policy
• All FIT departments and offices
• Responsible Administrator(s): Director of Compliance
• Responsible Office(s): Office of Compliance and Audit
• Dates: Issued June 2010, Revised October 2013
• Contact(s): Director of Compliance and General Counsel and Secretary of the College
View Official Policy*
CP007, Records Retention and Disposition
*This PDF document is the official version of this policy.