You should apply to the two-year Associate in Applied Science (AAS) program. High school students may not apply directly to the BFA program. On completing the AAS, many students choose to apply to the two-year Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program, Photography and the Digital Image.
Applicants to the AAS program are expected to provide a competitive portfolio.
If you have an AAS from FIT
You may apply to the Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) program in Photography and the Digital Image if you are completing (or have already completed) an AAS in Photography.
You must be completing (or have already completed) the following courses:
- All Photography Major courses#
- All Related Area courses #
- English Composition (EN 121) #
- Art History (HA 112)
- Math 3 credit requirement #
- Science 3 credit requirement
Also, you must have taken: #
- Math placement test (and, if required, 0 credit developmental course)
- English placement test
You can be within 6 credits of your AAS degree when you enter the BFA program, but the missing credits MUST NOT be from any of the above courses.
Please review your most current degree audit to ensure that you have satisfied all major course prerequisites required for entry into the bachelorís degree program.
Students missing any of the above will be placed on hold until the Admissions office receives an updated audit indicating corrections or summer registration.
If the courses are not completed, you WILL NOT be admitted to Bachelorís Program.
If you have credits or a degree from another college
You may apply to the two-year Photography and the Digital Image BFA program as a transfer student if you meet one of the following criteria by the time you enroll at FIT:
- you will have an associateís or bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college in a program that is equivalent to the FIT Photography AAS program
- you will have earned at least 60 credits toward a bachelor's degree in an equivalent or related program at a regionally accredited college
A college program is equivalent if it contains the same major area and liberal arts distribution as FITís Photography AAS program. Applicants from college programs that are not equivalent must apply to the AAS program.
Please note that FIT AAS students receive priority admissions consideration.
Applicants to the BFA program are expected to provide a competitive portfolio.