Upon Graduating from the program, students will be able to:
• Create original exhibition concepts that drive the narrative design experience, and illustrate those concepts in the form of a conceptual bubble diagram including key and supporting information.
• Interpret an exhibition’s content with accuracy and in a manner that is appropriate to the needs of the audience, client, venue, and illustrative of the narrative form.
• Demonstrate an awareness of and ability to research an exhibition’s various audience types, its client, and the unique qualities and regulations of the exhibition’s site.
• Render and graphically brand an exhibition environment that is comprehensive and highly experiential, meeting the project’s audience, educational and design experience goals.
• Generate print, digital and 3 dimensional materials that clearly communicate an exhibition’s structural, graphic and multimedia design elements, as well as the exhibition’s narrative dynamic and tone.MA Exhibition Design, 39 Required credits. (one additional elective course offered). Effective Fall 2015-2016 Academic Year.
|Fall Semester 1||ED 541||Introduction to Exhibition Design Graphics||1.5|
|ED 581||Introduction to the Exhibition Design Studio||1.5|
|ED 571||Illuminating the Exhibition Experience||3|
|ED 582||Exhibition and Planning Design Studio||3|
|ED 572||Exhibition Design Historical Perspectives and Theory||3|
|Winterim (optional)||ED 573||International Professional Practices Seminar||3|
|Spring Semester||ED 523||Exhibition Design for the Museum Setting||3|
|ED 531||Presentation Techniques||3|
|ED 542||Exhibition Design Graphics||3|
|ED 584||Exhibition Development and Evaluation||3|
|Summerim||ED 591||Exhibition Design Thesis: Directed Research||3|
|Fall Semester 2||ED 632||Advanced Presentation Techniques||3|
|ED 643||Exhibition Design Graphics II||3|
|ED 651||The Exhibition Model||3|
|ED 691||Capstone Project Development & Qualifying Paper||3|
|All degree requirements completed, 39 - 42 credits|
|Spring (optional)||IC 592||Elective: Internship||3|
|Rubric for Graduate Exhibition Design Thesis Capstone|