Group Conference FAQs
A group must consist of 10 or more guest/participants.
2. What is the nightly rate for groups?
Rates are based on length of stay and number of guests. To check availability and request an estimate of charges, please submit a written proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact (212) 217-3943 with the name of your group/company, dates of stay, and number of guests.
3. Are groups required to sign a contract and provide a deposit prior to arrival?
Yes, all groups must sign a group contract with FIT, provide a 50% deposit to hold their rooms/spaces and provide full payment prior to check in.
4. What are the acceptable methods of payments for groups?
Groups can pay by credit card, wire transfers, company checks or certified bank checks.
5. What residence halls are available for groups?
Alumni is available from Monday, June 3, 2013 – Thursday, July 25, 2013
Kaufman Hall (31st Street residence hall) is available from Monday, June 3, 2013 – Sunday, August 4, 2013
6. What furniture is provided in the suites/apartment style rooms?
All suites/apartments consist of furnished rooms, kitchens and private bath. Each bedroom has (2) twin size beds, a desk, and chest of drawers. Each suite/apartment has a private kitchen and private bath. You must provide your own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows and blankets. Click here to view pictures of all residence halls.
7. What is a traditional style room?
All traditional style rooms consist of (2) twin beds, a closet, a desk and chest of drawers. These rooms do not have private kitchens and guests must share the community baths on each floor. Traditional rooms are only available in COED Hall. CoEd Hall is closed for Summer 2013 and is anticipated to re-open in 2014.
8. Where is FIT located and is it accessible to public transportation?
FIT is conveniently located in midtown Manhattan near all public transportation, restaurants and shopping.
We are walking distance from Penn Station, Madison Square Garden, Jacob Javits Center, etc...
210 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001
Coed Hall - Closed for Summer 2013
230 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001
31st Street Residence Hall
406 West 31st Street (between 9th & 10th Avenues)
New York, NY 10001
9. What is the minimum age requirement in order to stay at the residence hall?
All guests must be at least 18 years old. If they are under 18 years old, an adult over the age of 21, must be with them at all times during their stay in the residence hall.
10. Is there an additional charge for a guest staying overnight, with a group participant, who is NOT part of the group?
Yes, during the summer overnight visitation is limited to two nights per week not exceeding two consecutive nights. Anyone that stays longer than two nights will be charged the group rate per the group contract. The charge for an overnight visitor/guest is $10 per person, per night. Overnight visitors are considered anyone visiting between 12am-8am and MUST be approved by the group leader. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply.
11. Are there gender restrictions for groups regarding roommates?
Yes, we do not assign males and females in the same room, unless they are married or is the parent/legal guardian of a minor.
12. Is the cafeteria open during the summer sessions?
Yes, the FIT cafeteria is open during limited hours in the summer. In addition, FIT is located in the middle of midtown Manhattan close to many restaurants, delis and grocery stores. Check out the FIT neighborhood!
13. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited, this includes paraphernalia.