Check-In Dates and Times
FIT RESIDENCE HALL MOVE-IN INFORMATION
FALL AND SPRING
Detailed move in information will be sent to all residents. There are no move-in passes for spring move-in.
Please read this information carefully. In the event that there are changes to these instructions, FIT personnel will direct you to the proper check-in area upon arrival..
• Report to your designated check-in area
• You must have two people to assist you.
• There is no parking on the street. Cars will be given access to unload only. Parked cars will be towed by NYC police.
• Once your vehicle enters the Check-in area:
1) Unload the Car immediately
2) One person must move the car to another street or a parking lot
3) One person must stay with possessions until the resident has been checked in
Individuals with qualified disabilities who require modification to the move-in procedures and schedule are urged to contact the Residential Life Department (212) 217-3900 as early as possible to make special arrangements. (Residents who need special living accommodations must also inform the FIT-ABLE Disability Services Office).
Things you should know:
• No overnight visitation during move-in week, closing and exam weeks. NO exceptions will be made. Please advise family members and friends.
• Residents must move into the residence halls at their specified day and time. NO EARLIER. Residents will not be processed unless they are scheduled for check-in.
• Students arriving after 4:00pm must be pre-registered or will be charged a $25 late fee. Arrivals after 11:00 pm will not be processed and it is suggested you make hotel or other arrangements.