Reciprocal Exchange Program
Students may study at the renowned RMIT University College of Art & Design City Centre Campus in Melbourne, Australia. RMIT has a distinguished international reputation in providing specific education and training for the textiles, clothing, footwear, and retail industries. Students pay FIT tuition and fees and can earn 12-15 credits.
"RMIT is a global university of technology and design with three campuses in one of the most liveable cities on earth. Melbourne is characterised by its maze of hidden laneways and eclectic eateries, art and fashion. There's simply no better place to combine a world-class study experience with the laid-back cafe culture this city has to offer.
Life at RMIT is filled with on and off campus events, over 100 clubs, student run media, sport competitions and more. You will be offered a range of support services and orientation activities to help you transition into one of the best personal and academic experiences you'll ever have." -RMIT EAO
RMIT July - November Semester: March 1st
RMIT March - June Semester: October 1st
• Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
• Fashion Merchandising Management Students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department International Academic Advisor. Students may participate in their 5th or 6th semesters.
• Fashion Design Students must obtain academic advisement and approval of the department International Academic Advisor. Students may participate in their 5th semester (Fall Term only).
Full-time credit load consists of 36-48 'credit points' and/or four (4) 12 credit-point courses.
FMM Course Materials:
RMIT Fashion and Textile Merchandising (BUS/MAN/MKTG)
RMIT Fashion Technology (BUS/MAN)
Bachelor of Design Program Structure (BP194 Fashion Design)
General Information (Bachelor of Design)
RMIT Semester Dates
Semester 1 (US Spring/AU Fall Term): March — June
Semester 2 (US Fall/AU Spring Term): July — November
Private Accommodation: Melbourne city has many private student apartments. RMIT Housing Advisory Service assists students with permanent housing. For more information go to RMIT Housing Advisory Servicego.
|Estimated Costs Per Semester*|
|Housing (per month)||
AUD $600 - $800
|Utilities (per week)||
|Commute (per month)||
|Food (per month)||
|Personal Expenses (per month)||
*Tuition and fees are subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of the college Board of Trustees. Program and Housing Costs are subject to change without prior notice at the discretion of RMIT and their affiliations.
Study Abroad Program at RMIT
Online Orientation Information Includes:
- About RMIT, Melbourne, Australia
- RMIT Study Abroad Application
- Obtaining an Australian Visa
- Arrival Information
- Accommodation Details
- Clubs and Interests Groups
- Mandatory Health Insurance