American University of Rome (AUR) is an independent coeducational institution accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The institution is located on the crest of Rome’s highest hill. The Gianicolo, on the right bank of the Tiber River, is just a few minutes walk from the historic Trastevere district. Students pay tuition and fees of the host institution.
• Minimum GPA 3.0
• Matriculation in a Bachelor's degree program.
• Advertising & Marketing Communication students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson.
• Fashion Merchandising Management Students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department International Academic Advisor.
• International Trade and Marketing Students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson.
• Entrepreneurship Students must obtain academic advisement and the approval of the department Chairperson.
AUR Course Offerings
All students must register for an Italian language class during their semester abroad in Rome.
Aug. 25 Arrival Week of Activities
Sep. 01 Classes Begin
Sep. 05 End of Add/Drop
Dec. 04 Last Day of Classes
Jan. 19 Arrival Week Activities
Jan. 26 Classes Begin
Jan. 30 End of Add/Drop
May 11 Last Day of Classes
An entire AUR academic calendar may also be reviewed by clicking on the link below.
American University of Rome arranges housing in two or three bedroom apartments. For more information, go to Student Life: Housing.
|Estimated Costs Per Semester*|
|Tuition (Paid at FIT Bursar's Office)||
|AUR Housing (Must be paid in full)||
|Course Related Fees||
$200 - $900
*Tuition and fees are subject to change without prior notice. Prices may vary due to tuition changes and currency fluctuation.
See the Scholarships and Financial Aid page.
Arrival and Orientation
Arrival and orientation information is always kept posted as soon as all of the relevant details become available.
Permesso di Soggiorno (Permit of Stay)
Application, Instructions and Preparations