The Textile Collection consists of more than 30,000 textiles dating from the fifth century to the present, and includes the work of artists and designers such as William Morris, Salvador Dali, Raoul Dufy, and Junichi Arai.
- The textile collection includes apparel and home furnishing fabrics, laces, embroideries, quilts, and shawls.
- The museum has catalogued 100,000 indexed textile swatches and grouped them thematically for visual reference.
- The collection also includes a number of fabric sample books.
- The Francoise de la Renta Color Room features color archives, early forecast material, and a palette of fabric samples used by students and design members.
- The J.B. Martin Velvet Room archives handwoven and production velvets spanning a 125-year period.