Couture Council Honors Carolina Herrera
The Couture Council of The Museum at FIT honored Carolina Herrera with their 2014 Couture Council Award for Artistry of Fashion on Wednesday September 3, 2014 at a benefit luncheon at David H. Koch Theater at Lincoln Center, New York City. Learn more
The Couture Council is a membership group dedicated to supporting The Museum at FIT, a specialized museum of fashion. The Couture Council helps make it possible for the Museum to mount world-class exhibitions of fashion, to acquire important objects for its permanent collection, and to organize public programs, such as the annual fashion symposium. The Couture Council accomplishes these goals through collecting membership dues and by organizing fundraising events such as the annual Couture Council Awards Luncheon, which presents a chosen designer with the Couture Council Award for Artistry of Fashion.
See photos of Couture Council events on Flickr.
You can join or renew online via our secure website using your credit card,
or if you prefer to pay by check you may download a membership form
A Couture Council Annual Membership is $1,000 per individual or couple, or $350 for Young Associates (under the age of 35). Membership is tax deductible to the extent provided by law. Please make checks payable to the Educational Foundation for the Fashion Industries. Mail checks to FIT Foundation, attention: Couture Council, Seventh Avenue at 27th Street, Director's Office, Room E304, New York City 10001-5992.
Members of the Couture Council receive invitations to at least five special events a year, including behind-the-scenes tours of the Museum's collection and exhibitions, opening receptions, and visits to the ateliers of fashion designers in New York. Couture Council members are also the first to receive notice of the annual Couture Council Awards Ceremony and benefit luncheon.
In addition, you will receive the following special membership benefits:
- Complementary admittance for two to all paid Museum educational programs, including the annual fashion symposium
- Acknowledgments in FIT's annual report, in the exhibition galleries and brochures, and on the FIT website
- Exclusive opportunities to meet other patrons of the fashion arts
Board of Directors
Laura Lofaro Freeman
Carole Divet Harting
Michèle Gerber Klein
Peter G. Scotese
Valerie Steele, Director MFIT
Members of the Couture Council 2014-2015
Cetie Nippert Ames
Elizabeth M. Armstrong
Virginia A. Barbato
Danielle Augusta Cannon
Edward Carlton Clark-Ayers
Kendra and Allan Daniel
Christina R. Davis
Mary E. Davis
Mary Elizabeth Dooner
Bonnie Pfeifer Evans
Lynn and Carl Goldstein
Dawne Marie Grannum
Michelle Lin Greenip
Alexander Hayes Adame
Dr. Evelyn Blose Holman
Sharon Coplan Hurowitz
Bonnie and Michael Koblenz
Christine Ellie Kudla
Judy A. Lockhart
Barbara J. Parsky
Sarah Sulzberger Perpich
Patricia G. Selden
Joan S. Steinberg
Randall & Lewen Stempler
Diana L. Taylor
Ruben and Isabel Toledo
Stephanie Winston Wolkoff
Beverly B. Yunich
- Invitation to the annual Couture Council Artistry of Fashion benefit luncheon. Past awardees: Ralph Rucci (2006), Alber Elbaz of Lanvin (2007), Isabel Toledo (2008), Dries Van Noten (2009), Karl Lagerfeld (2010), Valentino (2011), Oscar de la Renta (2012), and Michael Kors (2013).
- Private visits to the ateliers of fashion designers such as Isabel Toledo and her husband, fashion illustrator Ruben Toledo, Ralph Rucci, Zac Posen, Angel Sanchez, Chadwick Bell, Prabal Gurung, and J. Mendel.
- Store events with Calvin Klein, Verdura, Tiffany, and the FD Gallery.
- Lectures with Michael Kors and Ruben and Isabel Toledo at the Doubles Club.