You may be eligible for a full or partial refund depending on your withdrawal date. Please see link: Withdrawals & Refund Periods
To be withdrawn you may come in person, mail, fax or email the Registrar's Office.
Registrar's Office, Feldman Center, Room c158, 227 West 27 Street, New York, NY 10001-5992
Student ID Number
Reason for Leaving
Signature and Date (if you are not sending information through an email address)
Photo ID with signature on it (if you are not sending the information through an FIT email address)
*If withdrawing after the add/drop period (see Academic Calendar for specific dates), you must submit a Course Withdrawal Form for each course you are registered for. Each form must have the required signatures and last date of attendance.
You will receive an email within two (2) business days verifying your successful withdrawal from the college. Please keep a copy of this email for your records. In the event that you do not receive an email, please call 212 217.3820.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- You must satisfy any college related finances before leaving the college. If you have any outstanding balances at the end of any semester, a hold will be placed on your account. Holds will prevent you from registering for future classes, sending/receiving transcripts, or other services from the college.
- Not attending class or stopping payment on a check is not considered an official withdrawal from the college and you will be responsible for all tuition liabilities.
- Late registration and program change fees may be assessed if you want to re-enroll. You are not guaranteed class availability if you need to re-register for courses.
- There will be a late payment fee of 1.5% assessed per month on all outstanding balances. Outstanding debts may be referred to a licensed collection agency and all collections fees may be added to the outstanding balance. If legal action becomes necessary, litigation and all court costs will be your responsibility to pay.
- To check refund eligibility, please visit fitnyc.edu/12664.asp
- If you wish to return to matriculated college status, you must contact the Admissions Office (C139) or visit fitnyc.edu/5353.asp
- Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) students must visit A470 to fill out an exit survey before leaving the college.
- International Students here on a Student Visa must visit A608D before leaving the college, telephone (212) 217-3700.
- If applicable, contact Residential Life Office (212) 217-3900.
- Students receiving Direct Loans or any type of financial aid, should contact the Financial Aid Office in Dubinsky Ctr Room A212a. See link for more information fitnyc.edu/22153.asp