In this section

What transfers to FIT?

Transfer credit is awarded only for course work similar to courses required for your current FIT degree and only when official transcripts and/or score reports have been submitted for review. Only the registrar can determine individual courses that will transfer to FIT; however, there are some general guidelines: 

  • Students who have completed equivalent courses will receive transfer credit for course work in which a grade of "C" or better has been earned.
  • Students who have taken the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and earned a mean score that meets or exceeds the equivalent of a grade of "C" in a formal course will receive transfer credit.
  • Students who have taken the Advanced Placement Exam and earned a score of three (3) or higher on a scale of five (5) points will receive transfer credit.
  • Students who have taken the International Baccalaureate Exam for higher level courses and earned a grade of 4 or higher will receive transfer credit.

Major or related area transfer credits are evaluated and approved by the major department. Students should contact the major department upon their initial arrival on campus to arrange an appointment for a review of major courses for possible transfer credit.  In addition, a department may request additional information on learning outcomes of the course as well as a sample of student work in a portfolio.

FIT Students

If you take courses at another institution during summer or winter terms and would like to transfer credit to FIT, you should submit the course equivalency assessment form and obtain Registrar approval before registering for a course at another college.

Adult Learners & Career ProfessionalsEmployers & IndustryAlumni: The Power of ConnectionFaculty & StaffCurrent StudentsParentsRecently Accepted Students About FITAcademicsAdmissionsStudent Life at FITGive to FITFIT & NYCNews & Events See More of FITMy FITContact UsTake a CourseApplyVisit FIT MyFIT Home