Resources (Articles, Handouts, Links)
There are numerous websites that have excellent articles on job searching and careers. Some of the best websites include:
CAREER SERVICES HANDOUTS
- Organizing Your Job Hunt
- Resume Guide
- Cover Letter Guide
- Prepare for the Interview
- How to Negotiate Your Salary
- Evaluating A Job Offer
- Common Mistakes at Job Fairs
- Navigating A Career Fair
For more handouts, please visit our office in Room B202.
Link to Career Related Websites for people that have Disabilities .
Link to the FIT Library's extensive Career bibliography, Career Internet Guide and their excellent Career Research Guides available online at http://fitnyc.libguides.com/careers and the complete list of FIT Library's Research Guides (LibGuides).
Link to the NYPL (New York Public Library) Science, Industry and Business Library Resources .
Link to www.bls.gov/oco published by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, The Occupational Outlook Handbook is a nationally recognized source of career information, designed to provide valuable assistance to individuals making decisions about their future work lives. The Handbook describes what workers do on the job, working conditions, the training and education needed, earnings, and expected job prospects in a wide range of occupations.
FASHION - GENERAL
- Link to www.infomat.com Fashion Industry Information Services and Search Engine.
- Link to www.fgi.org The Fashion Group International is a global non-profit association of over 6,000 professionals of achievement and influence representing all areas of the fashion, apparel, accessories, beauty and home industries.
- Link to www.fashioncenter.com The Fashion Center Business Improvement District's web site and an excellent fashion resource in NYC.
- Link to FIT Library's Fashion Research Guides (by Subject).
- WWD Often called "the fashion bible," Womens' Wear Daily serves as the voice of authority, international newswire and agent of change for the fashion, beauty and retail industries.
- Just-Style.com†- The online portal for apparel/textile industry professionals around the world. Just-style.com has developed into one of the most respected and fastest growing apparel/textile trade sites around.
- NYCFashionInfo.com†is a comprehensive B-to-B resource launched by the New York City Economic Development Corporation for NYCís fashion industry.† Itís the official source for NYC fashion designers, buyers, enthusiasts, students and anyone interested in NYCís fashion industry.
ART AND DESIGN
- Link to www.genart.org Gen Art is the leading arts and entertainment organization dedicated to showcasing emerging fashion designers, filmmakers, musicians and visual artists.
- Link to www.vlany.org, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts provides of pro bono legal services, education and advocacy to the New York arts community.
- Link to www.nyfa.org/source The New York Foundation for the Arts provides a free national resource for visual, media, performing, and literary artists and for those who support them in any way.
- Link to FIT Library's The Business of Art & Design Research Guide.
ADVERTISING AND MARKETING
- Link to www.mediabistro.com a web site dedicated to everyone who creates or works with content, or who is a non-creative professional working in a content/creative industry.†
- Link to FIT Library's Advertising & Media Communications Research Guide.