Students do not officially graduate until they have filed their graduation application, paid the $30 fee and successfully completed all degree requirements as outlined by their major. Final graduation review takes place at the end of the term when all grades are posted. Submit a graduation application online and pay the application fee the semester before you anticipate graduating.
• December 1 is the priority deadline for students who anticipate completing all degree requirements in May or August.
• May 1 is the priority deadline for students who anticipate completing all degree requirements by December or January.
Before You Apply
• Review your degree audit (DARS). If you have questions about your degree audit, contact the Registrar's office in Feldman Center, Room 158.
• Plan your registration for all missing courses.
• If you need to take a winter course to finish your degree, you should apply for January graduation. If you need to take a summer course to finish your degree, you should apply for August graduation.
Please note the following:
- At FIT, a bachelor's degree will not be awarded until an AAS degree is earned. You must apply for graduation (degree completion) to receive a diploma for an AAS and for a Bachelor's.
- If the candidate attended FIT with a different name than the one they are currently using, a name change request with legal documentation must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. This will ensure that the name on the FIT diploma is accurate.
- The FIT diploma will not be mailed to a campus address. Candidates must submit mailing address changes to the Registrar’s Office once they have applied for graduation.
- Candidates for December, January, May and August who submit the graduation application and fee by the priority deadline will be listed in the May Commencement program. Submitting a graduation application does not force you to attend Commencement.
- May (spring) graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the summer.
- August (summer) graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the fall.
- December (fall) and January (winter) graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the spring.