Applying for Graduation
Submit a graduation application and pay the application fee the semester before you anticipate graduating.
The Registrar's Office notifies potential spring/summer degree candidates to file by December 1 and fall/winter candidates to file by May 1. If you have not received a notification, but think you are eligible for graduation, please see the Registrar's Office in Feldman Center, Room 158.
Final graduation review takes place at the end of the term when all grades are posted.
Students do not officially graduate until they have filed their graduation application, paid the $30. fee and successfully completed all degree requirements as outlined by their major. The mandatory $30. fee is for graduation review, certification and diploma processing.
If you wish to review your progress toward graduation and/or have questions about college policies relating to degree requirements you should look at your degree audit (DARS). If you have questions about your degree audit and/or your degree requirements, print a copy of your degree audit and bring it with you for walk-in graduation advisement.
Please note the following:
- If the candidate attended FIT with a different name than the one they are currently using, a name change request with legal documentation must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. This will ensure that the name on the FIT diploma is accurate.
- The FIT diploma will not be mailed to a campus address. Candidates must submit mailing address changes to the Registrar’s Office once they have applied for graduation.
- Candidates who submit the graduation application and fee by the deadline will be listed in the May commencement program.
- May graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the summer.
- July graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the fall.
- December and January graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the spring.