Students do not officially graduate until they have filed their graduation application, paid the $30 fee and successfully completed all degree requirements as outlined by their major. Final graduation review takes place at the end of the term when all grades are posted. Submit a graduation application online and pay the application fee the semester before you anticipate graduating.
• December 1 is the priority deadline for students who anticipate completing all degree requirements in May or August.
• May 1 is the priority deadline for students who anticipate completing all degree requirements by December or January.
Before You Apply
• Review your degree audit (DARS). If you have questions about your degree audit, contact the Registrar's office in Feldman Center, Room c158.
• Plan your registration for all missing courses.
• If you need to take a winter course to finish your degree, you should apply for January graduation. If you need to take a summer course to finish your degree, you should apply for August graduation.
Please note the following:
- At FIT, a bachelor's degree will not be awarded until an AAS degree is earned. You must apply for graduation (degree completion) to receive a diploma for an AAS and for a Bachelor's.
- If the candidate attended FIT with a different name than the one they are currently using, a name change request with legal documentation must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office. This will ensure that the name on the FIT diploma is accurate.
- The FIT diploma will not be mailed to a campus address. Candidates must submit mailing address changes to the Registrar’s Office once they have applied for graduation.
- Candidates for December, January, May and August who submit the graduation application and fee by the priority deadline will be listed in the May Commencement program. Submitting a graduation application does not force you to attend Commencement.
- May (spring) graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the summer.
- August (summer) graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the fall.
- December (fall) and January (winter) graduates will receive their FIT diploma and final transcript in the spring.
1. Under Online Resources, click on Online Information System
2. Click on Student
3. Click on Graduation Application and follow the directions.
NOTE: Your application is not successfully submitted until you see the final page titled: Graduation Application Confirmation.
4. Print the Graduation Application Confirmation.
If you plan to continue at FIT
for a bachelor’s degree, you can access the bachelor’s degree
application online after submitting the graduation application. (Type
or cut and paste the web address on the Graduation Application Confirmation page to get to the Bachelor's Application.) Priority consideration is
given to applicants who are successfully completing their AAS. Applicants
within 6 credits of completing the AAS may also be considered however
EN 121 must be completed prior to semester 1 of the bachelor's degree.
AAS Students Continuing for a Bachelor's Degree:
If you apply after your last semester has ended, you will need to submit a paper form in the Registrar's Office.