|11/21||Saturday||1:00 pm||Herkimer – long format||Herkimer|
|12/5||Saturday||1:00 pm||Delhi – short format||Delhi, NY|
|12/11||Friday||6:00 pm||Suffolk Grant||Suffolk Grant|
|1/16||Saturday||1:00 pm||Herkimer- short||Herkimer|
|1/22||Friday||6:00 pm||Suffolk Grant||Suffolk Grant|
|1/30||Saturday||1:00 pm||Delhi – long format||Delhi, NY|
|2/11-14||Thu-Sun||TBA||District Championships||Monroe, NY|
|2/20||Saturday||11:00 am||Ocean||Ocean, NJ|
|3/2-3/7||Tues-Sun||TBA||NJCAA Championships||Ft. Pierce, FL|
- FIT Swimmer Michelle Welles is awarded the SUNY Chancellor's Award Student Athlete Award
Another great season for FIT Swimmers in this season's NJCAA National Championship!
FIT swimmers placed higher than their seed times with a 9th place finish overall and 3rd place for non-scholarship schools!
Also, in the 400 Medley Relay team (Welles, Cochran, Platania, Maldijan) finished in 8th place.
Here's a recap of the final day of competition:
In the morning session:
• 200-yard Back: Michelle went a lifetime best 2:28.65 to qualify for the 12th seed. Juliana
went a time of 2:45.05 for 25th place.
• 100-yard Freestyle: Kate went a season-best 1:00.73 to qualify for 22nd seed. Dana went a
1:04.64 for 27th place, Juliana went a 1:05.38 for 28th place, Mackenzie went a 1:05.43 for
29th place (lifetime best by over 2 seconds), and Liz went a season-best 1:06.59 for 30th place.
• 200-yard Breaststroke: Abby went a season-best 2:45.93 to qualify as 13th seed.
• 200-yard Fly: Julie went a 2:49.76 to qualify for 18th seed.
In the evening session:
• 200-yard Back: Michelle finished 14th with a time of 2:29.42.
• 100-yard Freestyle: Kate finished 22nd besting her morning time by going 1:00.70.
• 200-yard: Abby finished 12th with a season-best time of 2:44.42 and also beat rival Meghann
Barkey from Suffolk!
• 200-yard Fly: Julie finished 19th besting her morning time by going 2:47.09
Going into the 400 Free Relay, FIT was in 9th place overall in points. The team from FIT of Beckley, Welles, Jameson, and Maldjian swam the race of their lives to finish 9th in the 400 Free Relay. The relay also beat rival Suffolk CC. Their splits were insanely fast! Dana led off with a FIT best time of 1:03.39, Michelle followed with a lifetime best relay split of 1:01.44 (reaction time: 0.12), Mackenzie followed with a lifetime best relay split of 1:02.91 (reaction time: 0.08), and Kate finished with a season best relay split of 1:00.51.
FIT finished in 9th place overall with 103 points.
- Women's Swim Team wins Delhi Invitational for the 2nd consecutive year.
- Assistant Coach Mary Dooe comes on board
- New coaches Dan Hekman and Gwen Kittell lead the team into the 2010-2011 season.
March 2010 - NJCAA Championships
- Women's Swim Team finished overall Fort Pierce, FL, marking the highest-ever finish for the FIT Swimming.
- Four relays (400 Medley, 400 Free, 200 Free) finish in the top eight.
- Nine individual swims placed in the top 16.
- 3rd place finish in the 2009-2010 NJCAA North East District Championship
- Women's Swim Team finished 1st at the Dehli Invitational and is undefeated in Regional meets to date
- For the second year, FIT's swim team is undefeated in Regional Meets with a 2-0 record and placed 2nd in the Lehman College meet.
- Hannelore Schaffner (3.68 GPA) was awarded the SUNY Chancellor's Student Athlete Award.
- the Women's Swimming & Diving Team finished 9th in the country (5th of all non-scholarship schools)
Highlights from NJCAA Championships:
- Women's 200-yard Butterfly: Hannelore Schaffner, 5th place, 2:38:08
- Women's 200-yard Freestyle Relay: Hannelore Schaffner, Dana Tarasavage, Emily Morris, Gwen Kittell, 6th place, 1:53:83
- Women's 100-yard Butterfly: Hannelore Schaffner, 7th place, 1:07:56
- Women's Swimming & Diving Team placed 3rd in the 2008-2009 N.E. District Championships at Monroe Community College.
- In its first year, seven swimmers (Jack Eustace, Emily Morris, Dana Tarasavage, Melissa Keulmann, Celeste Weins, Gwen Kittel, and Hannelore Schaffner) and one diver (Kaitlyn Egan) qualified for the NJCAA National Championships.
- Freshman Hannelore Schaffner placed 1st in the Women's 100-yard Fly and 2nd in the Women's 200-yard Fly at the N.E. District Championships.