The Office of Disability Services (FIT-ABLE) at the Fashion Institute of Technology/SUNY, provides services to students with disabilities, working with each individually. Students with ADD or ADHD must establish eligibility for services and/or reasonable accommodations by providing disability documentation from a professional licensed or certified to diagnose and treat their disability.
Disability documentation for students with ADD or ADHD must be provided by one of the following:
- Licensed psychologist
- Licensed neuropsychologist
Such documentation should be the result of a comprehensive adult-level testing completed no earlier than the studentís 10th or 11th grade of high school.
- Documentation must include the following:
- Diagnosis and DSM code
- Comprehensive standardized adult IQ test, recommended, the WAIS-III, with results and interpretation of all sub-tests included
- Comprehensive test of achievement, recommended, the Woodcock-Johnson, with results and interpretation of all sub-tests included.
- Comprehensive attentional assessments such as the TOVA (Test of Variable Attention), PASAT (paced auditory serial test), Trail Making Tests (parts A & B) of the Halstead-Reitan, are recommended.
- Recommendation of accommodations
Additional evaluations are the professional call of the diagnostician, and will help insure the credibility of the FIT-ABLE eligibility criteria, as well as providing our staff with valuable insight into the studentís disability-related accommodation requests and abilities.