If you meet the following criteria, you may use the Request For Readmission form to reapply to the college:
• You were previously enrolled in a degree program at FIT
• You have completed an AAS or BFA/BS at FIT
Important Requirements For Readmission
• Students admitted more than 5 years ago will be required to submit an online academic history and essay as well as new official transcripts. This includes official transcripts from any school you have attended since enrolling at FIT and may include final high school and college transcripts previously submitted. Once a student files a request for readmission it is the student’s responsibility to monitor their application status and ensure that everything needed is submitted.
• Students reapplying to an Art and Design major may be required to submit a new portfolio
• Some degree programs have made changes to the curriculum in recent years, students reapplying will have to meet the current degree requirements. This means if you had two classes to complete when you left FIT you may have more to complete in order to be awarded the degree as it is currently.
• All major/related area required courses are valid for up to ten years from the point of admission. After ten years, courses previously taken must be approved to fulfill current degree requirements by the chair of the major department. To have credits more than ten years approved, please complete the Request for Re-evaluation of Graduation.
Note: Students who have been academically dismissed from the College should refer to the Academic Standards/Probation and Dismissal area on the FIT Registrars Web site.