The Fashion Institute of Technologyís Precollege Programs provides middle and high school students with experiential learning opportunities, and offers parents, K-12 educators and youth organizations an insightful lens into FITís majors and the wide-ranging industries FIT serves. Precollege Programs prepares students for the FIT admissions process, including creative arts portfolio development, and features the unique experience of being part of FITís dynamic and diverse college campus and the cultural vibrancy of New York City that informs and enriches the college, its history and its campus community.
Highlights of Precollege Programs include:
- Non-credit and credit course offerings to high school students;
- Non-credit workshop offerings to middle-school students;
- On-campus high school internship placements;
- Cultivation of partnerships with New York City area schools and related outreach activities; and
- On-campus academic tour, seminar, and workshop offerings for parents, teachers, and non-profit youth organizations, with participation welcome and encouraged at student and faculty exhibitions, FIT Museum events, as well as other FIT community activities.
Thinking about taking Precollege courses? Read:
Top 5 Reasons PARENTS Should Consider Precollege Programs
Top 5 Reasons STUDENTS Should Consider Precollege Programs
Pomerantz Center, Room D130
Phone 212 217.4630
Fax 212 217.7964