About the CET
- 7 Mac Workstations with 22" flat screen monitors
- 6 PC Workstations with 19" flat screen monitors
- 1 Mac 15" PowerBook
- 3 PC 15" laptops
- 8 Wacom Intuos2 4"x5" tablets
- 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 21" tablet
- 2 large format (12"x17") flatbed scanners
- 2 document scanners
- 2 film/slide scanner
- 1 digital still camera
- 1 digital video camera
- Digital projection
The CET provides FIT faculty with equipment, expertise and support for their pedagogical interests and needs. The Center may be used for these academic purposes only.
The Center is available to faculty members 24/7. Users must have a current FIT faculty card that has been activated by Security to operate the front door. Please go to the Security Office on the 4th floor to have your card activated for this purpose.
Workstation seats are available on a first come, first serve basis. Usage of the video workstation can be reserved ahead of time. Contact the CET coordinator, 7-4063, to reserve this equipment.
The Center’s computers cannot store any users’ files except during work sessions. Machines are rebuilt every evening and any files saved to the local hard drive are deleted. Users may store their work on their own CD/DVD media, USB drives or personal local network storage area or on FIT's Xythos Webfiles (http://webfiles.fitnyc.edu).
The CET is not able to lend equipment or manuals. We ask that faculty not remove any lab references or manuals from the Center's premises. Please be aware that at the Center, as elsewhere, duplication of commercial CDs is illegal and not permitted. Similarly, copying of proprietary software is illegal and not permitted.
Food and drink are not generally allowed in the CET in order to preserve equipment and maintain a hygienic environment.
CET Annual Reports
- CET 2011-12 Annual Report (pdf)
- CET 2010-11 Annual Report (pdf)
- CET 2009-10 Annual Report (pdf)
- CET 2008-09 Annual Report (pdf)
- Attachments are available at the CET.
CET Annual Surveys
- CET 2012 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2011 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2010 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2009 Annual Survey (pdf)
- CET 2008 Annual Survey (pdf)
Goals and Objectives of the Faculty Development Program, including the CET and Teaching Institute1. Promote excellence in teaching
2. Promote student-centeredness in teaching
3. Increase faculty use of technology in teaching
4. Foster faculty professional growth
5. Recognize faculty excellence