Diversity Council Charges
- To develop and recommend a vision and strategic plan for enhancing the climate for diversity and fostering a bias-free environment on campus.
- To review diversity grant proposals and submit recommendations to the President for grants to be awarded as well as monitor outcomes of these grants.
- To maintain a comprehensive record of all activities on campus dedicated to promoting diversity.
- To use the Annual Affirmative Action Plan to engage in discussions and actions with departments and offices to ensure the achievement of the planís objectives.
- To engage in developing professional activities that will further the work of the Council and its contributions to the well-being of the College.
- To advise the Affirmative Action Officer on ideas, programs, policies, and activities, affirming the values delineated by affirmative action legislation and goals.
- To work with the Affirmative Action Officer to develop programs to encourage/support the professional development of employees related to diversity and affirmative action, as well as promote a bias free working and learning environment.
- To recommend methods for assessing the climate for diversity on campus and then make recommendations regarding the findings of these assessments.
- To aid the Presidentís Cabinet in working with outside consultants/organizations that would work with the college in conducting educational seminars and other developmental programming.
- To review proposed amendments to the college governance plan to assure compliance with affirmative action policies and procedures.
- To submit an annual report to the President at the end of each academic year, which includes a summary of the Councilís activities as well as an identification of any areas of concern, and to recommend appropriate remedial action to achieve affirmative action/diversity objectives. To perform other duties as requested by the President.
- To meet and consult with the President on a regular basis.††
Diversity Council's Role