Performance Athletic Footwear
Leaders in these industries have communicated to FIT the need for trained personnel in this area. FIT’s Performance Athletic Footwear Certificate Program is designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to work effectively in this industry. Students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ergonomics of the foot as it relates to the biomechanics of walking and running;
- Identify the properties of performance materials by texture, moisture, absorption, and stretch;
- Adjust a draft sketch using CAD technology;
- Identify and hand sketch different categories of athletic footwear; and
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history of the athletic footwear industry.
Curriculum (9 credits):
Have further questions?
- Request more information about this certificate program
- View current course offerings
- Tuition & fee costs (multiply your tuition rate by the number of credits above)
View the archive of our Online Information Session.
For course specific information contact:
Ellen Goldstein, advisor
Pomerantz Center, Room D363