Definition of What Students of the Future Need to Know
Factors, Forces, Connections, & Questions
- Middle States accreditation and new standards for student outcomes
- Industry practices and expectations of graduates
- Want students to possess: originality, innovation, creativity; be flexible, able to work in teams, and globally aware; have perspective, and good communication skills as much so as hard skills. The raw materials include those things that liberal arts teach us.
- How students learn is changing
- Learning is more experiential
- Technology & Internet influences
- Change and pace of change accelerating
- Role of the professor in future?
- Demographics of students will change
- The College of 2020: Students, Chronicle Report, June 2009
- 2020: FIT at 75
- SUNY Strategic Planning Website
- Student Engagement Survey
- Industry Trend Report (2005)