You must first be accepted to the college and your tuition deposit must be received and processed by the Bursar’s Office. You will NOT be able to access the application until your tuition deposit has been processed, which can take up to 3-5 business days. Then follow these three steps:
This is a “lottery type” process where all applicants are randomly assigned a computer generated date and time to select a room type. Housing is not guaranteed.
By June 13th all applicants will be notified of their housing status:
Assigned -These students are guaranteed housing and awarded a room type.
Unassigned - These students are guaranteed housing. They have not been selected for a space or guaranteed a particular room type. These students will be notified of their assignment prior to their fall arrival.
Hold - These students were not selected for a space. They will be contacted through the summer up to the first 2 weeks of classes as spaces become available.
Do you have more questions? Visit our FAQ page: http://www.fitnyc.edu/14241.asp
STEP 1 - Apply Online
March 18-June 1
View our video for step-by-step instructions on how to apply online.
Please Note: Roommate and Room preferences are submitted through steps 2 and 3 of the application process below, not at time of application as shown in video. These preferences will be unavailable on the online application after June 1st.
- Log in to MyFIT
- Choose "STUDENT" tab
- Choose "Fall/Spring Application"
- Select "Apply Online"
- Choose application = "New/Entering FIT"
Note: All Students will be required to submit a $300 non-refundable housing deposit by credit card to apply (See FAQs)
STEP 2 - Select Roommates
April 14-June 1
- Log in to MyFIT - MyHousing
- Click "Roommate Selection" to enter your choice of roommate(s). You must have your roommate's name and FIT email address. Don’t have a roommate? Use Advanced Roommate Search.
- You cannot choose roommate(s) who did not apply under Step 1. All roommates must log in and request each other under Step 2.
STEP 3 - Select a Room Type
June 3-June 5
- On June 2, you will receive an email notification of your selection date/time. Selection dates/times begin June 3rd and continue until all accommodations have been selected.
- At your designated date/time, go to MyHousing and click "Select A Room/Suite."
- It is recommended that you select a room type at the earliest assigned date and time. Note: YOU ARE ONLY SELECTING A ROOM TYPE, NOT AN ACTUAL ROOM.
All FIT students taking 12 or more credits are eligible to apply for campus housing. Highest priority is given to full-time matriculated undergraduate students taking 12 or more credits.
The online housing application is available through MyFIT. You can log into MyFIT with the username and password assigned to you by the Admissions Office. Students experiencing difficulties signing in to MyFIT should contact the Bursar’s Office to check that their tuition deposit has been received.
A $300.00 Non-Refundable deposit is required upon submission of the housing application. Acceptable forms of payment are Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. This is not an additional fee and will be credited toward your total housing charges.
If you are having difficulties accessing the housing application, please feel free to contact the Residential Life Office at 212 217.3900 or 212 217.3930.
All correspondence is sent to your FIT email address (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Check your FIT email regularly for housing updates and payment due dates to avoid being dropped from your housing assignment.
For tour videos of Alumni, CoEd, and Nagler Halls please visit www.fitnyc.edu/3182.asp.