|Blackboard is coming to FIT in 2015. There will be a very small cohort using Blackboard in the Fall of 2014 with increased use over the winter break. Spring will commence with greater participation with a full cut-over to Blackboard during the Summer of 2015. Watch your email and school-wide updates that will begin this Fall.
ANGEL is the designated learning management system for FIT. Angel is currently used in over 45% of the courses offered at FIT. If you are interested in using Angel in your teaching please refer to the CET calendar for the next time our introductory courses are offered.
- If you are having problems opening links or videos in your courses it is probably due to browsers with updated security restrictions. Follow this simple procedure to solve the problem. The only problem is it needs to be done for each working session. This procedure covers Chrome and Firefox 23 or better. Feel free to share this with your students as well.
- For faculty new to Angel there is a new up to date guide that can be downloaded here. Angel Overview
- How to upload a syllabus and enable your course- for those new to Angel.
- Course Enable has a new simplified procedure. Download this very short PDF to guide you. Angel Course Enable
- Course Backup and Copy is the recommended procedure to backup and move your materials each semester. Angel 7.4 Course Backup and Copy Tutorial
- If you or your students have low speed or dial-up access to the internet try the PDA interface which should help speed up navigation a brief tutorial can be downloaded here. Angel Low Speed
- File size limits: Faculty 30MBs, Students 20MBs per file.
The CET offers ANGEL training at all levels to address and support faculty needs. Please check our calendar for events and hands-on workshops.
- Jeffrey Riman-Coordinator, Center for Excellence in Teaching, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tamara Cupples-Executive Director of Online Learning and Academic Technology,? email@example.com
- Antonia_Blatchford-Coordinator, Office of Online Learning, ?firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also contact the Angel administrator at:
- Lynn Kelly-Domain Administration ?email@example.com
For Angel help, FIT retains the SUNY Learning Network Help Desk to support faculty and students. With minor exceptions for holidays the help desk is open 7 days a week. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800.875.6269. Go to http://sln.suny.edu/help/help_overview.shtml for hours and information.
|ANGEL goes mobile using Bb Mobile Learn. The Mobile Learn app is now available for all Angel users on their iOS (Apple) devices and Android devices. Click for more info
Angel Tutorials for Students
- Angel 7.4 Student Quickstart Tutorial (PDF) *New! - The new Angel 7.4 Student Guide!
- Angel 7.3 Intro Guide for FIT Students (PDF)
- Angel 7.3 Student Image Upload (PDF)
Videos: Angel Tutorials
- Jeffrey Riman - FIT News Interview
The CET coordinator discusses technology and teaching at FIT.
- Angel Video Tutorials (External Link)
This link leads to a selection of short video tutorials provided by the SUNY Learning Network,
covering a wide range of functions.
- Jeffrey Riman - Intro to Angel
The CET Coordinator presents a brief overview of Angel to new faculty.
Angel Training OpportunitiesAll faculty are welcome to attend. Please check our calendar for schedules.
- Angel Level One This is a two hour hands on workshop for first time users. Participants will learn how to build a basic course, add new content and use the fundamental tools needed to support class assignments and activities. Contact Celia Baez at X4064 to attend
- Angel Grade Book Set up an on line grade book, this session is for more advanced Angel users who are comfortable with the systems functionality. Come prepared with a syllabus and a list of assignments. At the completion of this session you will have a working grade book. Contact Celia Baez at X4064 to attend.
Click here to view the CET Calendar for this month's schedule.
(Workshops are located in B502 unless otherwise indicated.)
FIT has a site license for VoiceThread. Many faculty and students have already tried VoiceThread in face-to-face and fully online courses.
VoiceThread is a cloud application, so there is no software to install. The only system requirement is an up-to-date version of Adobe Flash. VoiceThread will work in any modern web browser and on almost any internet connection.
Creating - Upload, share and discuss documents, presentations, images, audio files and videos. Over 50 different types of media can be used in a VoiceThread.
Commenting - Comment on VoiceThread slides using one of five powerful commenting options: microphone, webcam, text, phone, and audio-file upload.
Sharing - Keep a VoiceThread private, share it with specific people, or open it up to the entire world. Learn more about sharing VoiceThreads.
Learn More! Watch Video - This video explains how to start using VoiceThread at FIT. Contact us for additional training.