Scholarships for FMM
2013 YMA FSF SCHOLARSHIPS
FIT announces the 2013 YMA Fashion Scholarship Fund. To apply for this $5000 scholarship, you must currently be in your 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th semester. Packets of information, including an application, case study and application criteria will be emailed to students from Robin Sackin, Chairperson of the FMM Department. Eligible students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher. Completed packets should be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off to B320. Check here next for due dates in Spring 2013..
The Henry Doneger Endowed Scholarship is in memory of Jill and Abbey's father, one of the industry's most innovative and influential leaders.
The scholarship is awarded to four FMM BS students in the amount of $2700 each, and one AAS student in the amount of $1000.
Winners of this year's scholarships are:
For the BS- Hayley Champoux
For the AAS- Christopher Rao
You are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you are currently in your 3rd or 4th semester in your two-year AAS degree, or 5th, 6th or 7th semester in your BS degree. If you are a one-year AAS degree student, you must be in your second semester and applying for the BS degree in FMM for Spring 2013. You must be a current matriculated day student with a minimum of a 3.0 or better GPA.
Check here each semester for due dates and details on how to apply.
- A 1-2 page double-spaced letter giving an overview of yourself, your goals, and how you would use the scholarship money should you receive it.
- An updated resume with your current address and phone number.
- An official transcript, which you may request from the registrar and which must accompany the packet you are handing in.
- A 3-5 page double-spaced paper on one of the following topics. (Grammar and spelling count!)
a) Branding is a hot topic. What retailer or manufacturer do you think has been particularly successful in the branding of its company/product? How did it achieve this success (design, function, marketing, positioning, etc.)? What strategy would you suggest it take to continue its success?
b) The flash sales business model has proliferated with a multitude of successes and failures. Choose a flash sale company that is currently doing well and write a succinct analysis of the business explaining why it is successful (customer profile, merchandise, competitors, etc.). How would you suggest it evolve its business to the next level?
The process of being chosen for the Doneger Scholarship will be:
- All applications will be reviewed by Robin Sackin. The top applications will be sent to The Doneger Group, where they will be read by The Doneger Group Executive Team.
- The Doneger Group will make their decisions and send them to Professor Sackin who will contact the winners.
- Scholarship recipients will be invited to the The Doneger Group offices to meet with company executives and will also be invited to various events throughout the year.
Any further questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.