Research & Instructional Services
Reference Desk: 212 217.4400
Instruction Queries: 212 217.4407
Ask A Librarian
Library Instruction Request
The Reference Desk is located on the 4th floor in the Library and is staffed by Reference faculty and/or Reference Assistants whenever the Library is open.Reference Services
- assist library users in finding materials and offer guidance for in-depth research projects, answer reference questions in-person, online or by phone
- assist in the use of StyleCat, the Library catalog, our databases, periodical indexes, reference books and the Web.
- locate books and periodicals that are not in our collections and refer patrons to other libraries or provide interlibrary loan service
- assist faculty, upon request, by reviewing research assignments in advance for appropriate, accurate references to library resources
Classroom faculty may request instructional sessions taught by librarians. The librarian-lead workshops and orientations sessions can provide:
- general orientation
- assignment specific research tools
- research and information literacy skills
Classroom faculty may also request a self-led workshops and library orientations. The Library will reserve an area in the Library (for example, the Forecasting area or the Art Reference Room) for you to work with your students. Any forecasting resources you need will be ready for you.