FITís communications budget is allocated centrally through Communications and External Relations. The funds are largely committed to recurring projects and are used primarily for website development, print collateral, advertising, and Hue magazine. Each year during the budget planning cycle, new initiatives are identified by faculty, chairs, and directors through their vice presidents and deans. Budgets are developed for these new projects and they are included in Communications and External Relationsí annual budget request.
Individuals seeking funds for new projects should direct requests through their supervisor. If you would like us to help you determine the cost of a project, please†contact the appropriate manager in our office.†
It is highly recommended that when planning an event, conference, or new program,†marketing/promotional funds be articulated as part of the project budget.
Major projects that are produced annually through the collegeís centralized marking communications budget include:
- Look Book
- Graduate viewbook
- Course catalogues†
- Saturday Live, Hot Topics, and School of Continuing and Professional Studies catalogues
- Annual report
- Admitted students packets and orientation materials
- Commencement invitations and program
- Various recruitment materials including the†Open House poster and other print collateral to support various activities
- Creation of new special interest features
- Updates of graphics, homepages
- New initiatives†
- Print and online ads for Continuing and Professional Studies
- Light pole street banners
- Direct mail for Continuing and Professional Studies
- Google and Facebook promotion†
- Petersonís and other college guides for graduate and undergraduate recruitment
- Three issues per year
- Marketing plans
- Writing services
Though most major projects are typically funded by the Communications and External Relations office, units may be able to fund projects through departmental resources. If it is determined that your department is covering the project costs, you will be asked to transfer funds into the Communications and External Relations account once the budget has been determined.
When transferring funds please use the following codes:
Cost Center: 11920
Object Code: 72003
After the budget transfer has been completed in BiTech, please send a copy of the budget transfer confirmation to Leslie Kachic, Room B905.