Hue is the collegeís magazine, published three times a year by the Communications and External Relations Office. Its purpose is to enhance FIT's image and communicate collegeís vitality and excellence to alumni, industry, and other key audiences, and enhance FITís image.
The magazine is sent to members of the Alumni Association, selected industry leaders, SUNY representatives, government officials, donors, FIT employees, and friends of the college. It is distributed at college events to industry, students and prospective students, and parents, and is available in The Museum at FIT lobby for visitors.
Hue covers a wide range of subjects of interest to the FIT community, including:
- college news and activities, such as new programs, guest speakers, and conferences
- Alumni Association events
- class notes on professional achievements of alumni
- student and faculty activities and achievements
- institutional advancement news, including Educational Foundation for the Fashion Industries events and fundraising efforts, scholarships, and gifts
- The Museum at FITís exhibitions and programs
Highlights include profiles of notable alumni. Some examples:
- Leslie Blodgett, president and CEO of Bare Escentuals cosmetics
- Fran Boller, apparel director for Nikeís Jordan brand
- Tony Chi, designer of restaurant interiors around the world
- Nanette Lepore, fashion designer
- Chris Madden, home décor guru and creator of the Chris Madden for JC Penney Home
- Edward Menicheschi, vice president and publisher, Vanity Fair
- David Voss, vice president of design, boys entertainment, and new business, Mattel, Inc.
We encourage the FIT community to let us know about people, activities, and events that might make compelling stories for our various audiences.