Current FIT Residents FAQs
To qualify for summer housing you must:
- be a resident in the halls for spring 2013
- be currently enrolled as an FIT student (FIT I.D. required)
- pay for the entire summer housing program at time of application
Payment is due immediately by credit/debit card upon submission of your application.
3. When will the application be available and how can I apply?
Online applications will be available by April 2013. You must log into the secure area to access MyHousing@FIT-ApplyOnline.
4. Do I have to be enrolled in Summer class?
No, you can remain in the residence halls for the summer without registering for a summer class. Graduating residents may also stay for the summer. We cannot guarantee that you will remain in your current room assignment.
5. Can I move into my Fall 2013 assignment during summer?
You will be allowed to move into your Fall 2013 room assignment when your room is available and if you are assigned to Kaufman Hall ONLY. If you are planning to be away you must continue to check your FIT emails for notifications.
6. Can I pay to keep my belongings in my fall room?
Only residents accepted at Kaufman Hall both for Summer 2013 and Fall 2013 have the option to keep their belongings in their summer/fall room for an additional fee.
7. What is the fee to keep my belongings in my fall room and how do I pay?
The fee to keep your belongings in your fall room is $150.00. This fee will be charged directly to your student account.
8. When are residents from Nagler and COED Halls moving to Kaufman Hall or Alumni Hall?
The Residential Life Office will contact you via your FIT email account when your summer assignment is available. Most residents will be moved by the week of May 20, 2013. If you are leaving the residence halls before you are given your summer assignment, you must contact the Summer Housing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
9. Will a roommate be placed in my room?
Yes, if you have paid the double rate you will be assigned a room mate. During the summer FIT opens its Residence Halls to outside groups and Non-Fit students. Your roommate may not be an FIT student. You can also apply for a single room.
10. What happens if I am found in violation of occupying more than my assigned space?
PLEASE DO NOT OCCUPY MORE THAN YOUR ASSIGNED SPACE. If you do not have a roommate one will be assigned to you. Your roommate will move in at a later date in the summer. If you are found in violation of occupying more than your assigned space, you will be charged for a single. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
11. Am I allowed to have an overnight visitor/guest during the summer and is there a fee?
Yes, during the summer overnight visitation is limited to eight nights per 30 days not exceeding two consecutive nights. All overnights must be pre-registered. The charge for an overnight visitor/guest is $10.00 per person per night. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply.
12. What furniture is provided in the suite?
All suites consist of furnished rooms, kitchens and private baths. You must provide your own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows and blankets. Click here for pictures of the rooms.
13. Is the cafeteria opened during the summer sessions?
No. Check the FIT neighborhood for places to eat and purchase groceries. Check out the FIT neighborhood!
14. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited. This includes alcohol or drug paraphernalia.