Summer Class at FIT FAQs
- Must be 18 years old to apply for housing. (Those under 18 will not be able to acces the application)
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 1 FIT class/FIT internship/FIT seminar
- Must pay for the entire summer housing program at time of applicaiton
- Must not have been enrolled in the residence hall for Fall 2012 and Spring 2013
- Must complete orientation questionnaire with a passing grade
- Log on to secure area - MyFIT
- Sign in to MyFIT with your FIT username and password
- Click the “Student Services” tab
- Then click “Online Information System” (located in the middle column)
- Click “Residential Life”
- Click “FIT Questionnaire”
2. When will applications be available and how can I apply?
Applications for Summer Class at FIT will be posted online by April 2013. Once applications are available you will be able to apply online.
3. What are the dates of stay for Summer Class at FIT?
Monday, May 27, 2013 – July 25, 2013
4. What is the housing cost for Summer Class at FIT?
- A “shared” apartment is: $2,533 per person
- A “single” apartment is: $4,192 per person
5. Will I be given a refund if I no longer want to stay at FIT?
No, there are NO REFUNDS for summer housing. Please be sure you would like to stay prior to applying and submitting payment.
6. Where will Summer Class at FIT live?
All Summer Class at FIT will reside in Alumni Hall.
210 West 27 Street
New York, NY 10001
7. How are Summer Class at FIT assigned a single room?
To be assigned to a single room you must apply for a “single” and pay the single rate. Please note: a single in Alumni Hall is your own bedroom within a suite; you will be required to share the kitchen and bath with at least two residents.
8. Will I have a roommate(s)?
If you have applied for a “shared” apartment, it is recommended that you choose your own roommate, however if you do not know anyone you would like to live with, a roommate will be assigned to you based on your age and gender. We do not assign males and females in the same room. In Alumni Hall all suites accommodate up to four guests. You may have up to three roommates.
9. Do I have to pay in full?
Yes, payment is due in full immediately by credit/debit card upon submission of your application.
10. Are Summer Class at FIT allowed to pay an additional fee to move in early or stay beyond the contracted date?
No. The dates of stay for all Summer Class residents are Monday, May 27, 2013 to Thursday. July 25, 2013. You cannot move in before the program starts or stay after the program has ended.
11. When is Check-in for Summer Class at FIT?
Check-in is on Monday, May 27, 2013 from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. After 5:00 PM check-in is limited. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not able to check-in on this date and time.
12. Am I allowed to have an overnight visitor/guest?
Yes, during the summer overnight visitation is limited to eight nights per 30 days not exceeding two consecutive nights. The charge for an overnight visitor/guest is $10 per person, per night. Overnight visitors are considered anyone visiting between 12am-8am and MUST be pre-registered. The charge for an overnight visitor/guest is $10.00 per person per night. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply.
13. Are there any activities on the weekends or evenings when classes are not held?
Limited activities are held in the summer by the Residential Life Department. Please look for notices on your floor for dates and times of scheduled events. You may also check with Student Life Department.
14. Is the cafeteria opened during the summer sessions?
Yes, the FIT cafeteria is open limited hours during the summer. In addition, FIT is located in the middle of midtown Manhattan close to many restaurants, delis and grocery stores. Check out the FIT neighborhood!
15. What furniture is provided in a suite?
All suites consist of furnished rooms. Each bedroom has (2) twin size beds, a desk, and chest of drawers. Each suite has a private kitchen and private bath. You must provide your own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows and blankets. Click here to view pictures of the residence halls.
17. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited, this includes paraphernalia.