- Must be 18 years old to apply for housing. (Those under 18 will not be able to access the application)
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 1 FIT class/ FIT internship/ FIT Seminar
- Must pay for the entire summer housing program at the time of application
- Must not have been enrolled in the residence hall for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015
- Must complete orientation questionnaire with a passing grade
To complete the orientation questionnaire:
- Log on to secure area- MyFIT
- Sign in to MyFIT with FIT username and password
- Click on the "Student Services" tab
- Then click "Online Information System" (located in the middle column)
- Click "Residential Life"
- Click "Questionnaire"
2. When will applications be available and how can I apply?
Applications for Summer Class at FIT are now available. You must log into the secure area to access MyHousing@FIT.
3. Will I be given a refund if I no longer want to stay at FIT?
No. There are NO REFUNDS for summer housing.
4. Where will Summer Class at FIT live?
Alumni Hall, 210 West 27th Street, New York, NY 10001
5. How are Summer Class at FIT assigned a single room?
To be assigned to a single room, you must apply and pay the single rate. A single in Alumni Hall is a single bedroom within a suite; you may be required to share the kitchen and bath with up to two residents.
6. Will I have a roommate(s)?
It is recommended that you request roommates. Applicants without requests will be assigned roommates based on age and gender. FIT does not assign males and females in the same room. In Alumni Hall, all suites accommodate up to four residents. Residents may have up to three roommates.
7. Do I have to pay in full?
Yes. You must pay by credit card upon submission of the application.
8. Can Summer Class at FIT applicants pay an additional fee to move in early or stay after the listed dates of stay?
No. The dates of stay for ALL Summer Class at FIT residents are based on FITís class schedules. We are not able to accommodate anyone before Monday, May 25, 2015 or after Wednesday, July 29, 2015 @ 9AM.
9. When is check-in/check-out?
Check-in is as follows:
- Monday, May 25, 2015 and Tuesday, May 26, 2015 from 10:00AM - 4:00PM.
After 4:00PM, check-in is limited. Residents who are not able to check-in on this date and time must e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check-out is as follows:
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015 by 9AM- No exceptions. Residents must leave their room in move-in condition and remove all trash and belongings to avoid any maintenance fees.
10. Am I allowed to have an overnight visitor/guest during the summer and is there a fee?
Yes. Summer overnight visitation is limited to eight nights per 30 days, not to exceed two consecutive nights. Residents are charged $10.00 for each overnight guest. Overnight visitors are considered anyone visiting between 12AM-8AM and must be pre-registered and paid. All other overnight visitation rules and regulations apply; see resident handbook.
11. Are there any activities on the weekends or evenings when classes are not held?
Limited activities are held in the summer by the Residential Life Department. Please look for notices on residence hall floors for dates and times of scheduled events. Please visit the Student Life Department for more information.
12. Is the cafeteria open during the summer sessions?
No. Please check out the FIT neighborhood guide for restaurants and where to buy groceries.
13. What furniture is provided in a suite?
All suites consist of furnished rooms. Each bedroom has two twin beds, desks, and chests of drawers. Each suite has a private kitchen and private bath. Residents must provide their own kitchen supplies, linens, pillows, and blankets.
14. Is alcohol allowed in the residence halls?
FIT is a dry campus. Alcohol and/or drugs are prohibited, including paraphernalia.