Accepting your loans and work study awards is a multi-step process, from viewing your awards and Cost of Attendance (COA), to reading and accepting the Award Terms and Conditions associated with your awards, and then accepting your awards. Log on to the FIT portal at myfit.fitnyc.edu and do the following:
- Go to the FIT Applicant or Student Tab
- Go to the Financial Aid Resources box on the right hand side, click on Check My FIT Financial Aid Award Information
- Click on Award by Aid Year
- On the drop down menu choose the current year Academic Year 2014-2015
- Click on the Award Overview tab to view your awards
- Click on the Terms and Conditions tab
- Click on the link which will bring you to the Award Terms and Conditions. Please read this carefully.
- Close the Terms and Conditions PDF.
- Click on "Accept" which indicates that you have read the Award Terms and Conditions. You must do this step in order to proceed to the Accept Award Offer tab.
- Once you have accepted your Terms and Conditions, if you are interested in accepting your Federal Work Study or Loans, click on the Accept Award Offer tab to accept your awards , as only Federal Work Study or Loans require you to accept them manually, all other aid, if applicable, will be automatically accepted.
You must report the following to Financial Aid Services:
- if you drop from full-time to part-time (less that 12 credits)
- if you drop below part-time (less than 6 credits)
- if you have received or have been offered a scholarship
You will be notified via FIT email of any adjustments of your awards.
You may contact Financial Services at (212) 217-3560 for more information.