The Acquisitions and Metadata Services Department oversees the selection, ordering, receiving, invoicing, cataloging and metadata description and processing of library materials. Materials include books, ebooks, periodicals, DVDs, electronic databases, and digital images.
Goodman Center: Room E619
Department Phone: 212-217-4350
Department Fax: 212-217-4342
Leslie Preston, Assistant Professor & Head of Acquisitions and Metadata Services
- Submit requests for books, periodicals, and non-print materials books through our materials request order form
- We encourage you to recommend materials at any point in the semester, but we ask you to understand the delays in the ordering/receiving process. On average, it can take from 2-4 weeks to order, receive, and process materials.
- To have course assignment materials available at the beginning of the semester, please order materials at least 4 weeks prior to the opening day of classes. Information about placing materials on reserve
- Please be aware that all requests are subject to budgetary constraints.
- As a general rule, textbooks are not purchased for the Library collection. Please refer to the FIT Library Textbook Buying Policy for more information.
- The Library welcomes gifts from FIT faculty, FIT alumni or other donors. Written acknowledgments are sent to all donors.
- The Library reserves the right to decide whether the donated material is appropriate for the FIT collection.
- The Library is not allowed to make appraisals for income tax purposes. We can, however, provide you with a list of commercial appraisers.
- FIT publications are searchable in StyleCat Online Catalog using FIT authors as a Subject.
- We welcome donations of FIT authored publications for the Library collection.
- FITDIL is an Internet-based digital repository database of approximately 64,000 digital images intended for both research and instructional use by FIT students and faculty. Contact FITDIL staff for selection recommendations and use.